Put the soy in a bowl to boil for 10-15 minutes
In a frying pan with hot oil, heat the finely chopped onion, the grated carrot and celery, the diced peppers and tomatoes; after they have hardened and the sauce has decreased, season with salt, pepper, cumin, add well drained soy, mix for homogenization, adjust the taste;
In the tray or any other form, put 1 cup of tomato juice, then lasagna sheets, top the filling, cover with other sheets and so on until the sauce is finished, the last row being the sheets; pour over 1 cup of tomato juice put in the oven on low heat for 30 minutes and serve hot but cold is good.
How to make soy stew with potatoes, onions and tomato sauce & # 8211 fasting recipe?
How to hydrate (soften) textured soy?
Soy cubes, like soybeans and schnitzels, basically have no taste. They only have a texture similar to dried meat… and that's it.
That's why I usually soak the cubes directly in a mixture of spices. I don't take them after they're written on the package and I don't soak them in clear water or milk, especially since we're talking about fasting recipes.
Prepare the spices in a bowl, then add 1-2 tablespoons of oil and hot water. For this preparation I added salt, ground black pepper, paprika (paprika) and ground cumin. All this is dosed to taste.
Dip soy cubes in this flavored mixture. I leave them on the table for 30-40 minutes or until they soften and mix occasionally.
Thus, the soy cubes will absorb the spice mixture from the beginning, will be impregnated with their aromas and will have a special taste.
Soy & # 8211 how do we prepare it?
Soy protein makes a valuable contribution to a vegetarian diet, and this food is a healthy substitute for meat products. The advantage of soy meat over animal meat is that soy protein is several times less toxic than animal protein, while unsaturated fats in this plant are a real protector of blood vessels, and not a formidable enemy, such as those in the flesh.
Soy protein extracted from soybeans contains essential amino acids, vitamins and minerals. It lowers cholesterol levels and the risk of heart disease and cancer due to its low fat and carbohydrate content. Soybeans have a high fiber content that helps you better digestion and speed up metabolism. Consumed in moderation, they will ensure your long-term feeling of satiety, without gaining weight.
Apart from the fact that it imitates the taste of meat, an important advantage of soy refers to its very good taste and the fact that the product is found in stores, often semi-prepared in the form of pate, milk and cheese or other preserves. If you want to cook soy, you must know that it is found in stores, in addition to grains, in the form of cubes, granules or schnitzels.
For lovers of soy products, more busy who do not have time to prepare dishes from soybeans, or textured soybeans, there are quick options in the form of precooked in health food stores with organic certifications. They do not come from genetically modified soy and contain only natural spices, not E's. Soy cubes that contain only skimmed soy flour can be eaten without problems when preparing soups or stews, soy slices for schnitzels are just as healthy, grilled, and soy cheeses are indicated by nutritionists because they contain only soy extract and brine.
- Soya milk & # 8211 Soak the soybeans in water and mix well in a blender. miscellaneous beverages from soy milk you can find in stores and consume them as such. There are also products that have vitamin D added. It can be drunk plainly or used for coffee, for smoothies or as a substitute in any recipe.
- Soy cream – Vegetable cream from soy for cooking can successfully replace normal cooking cream, representing a vegetable alternative that can be used in the preparation of: pasta, soups or salads.
- Tofu (soy cheese) & # 8211 It is obtained by adding a coagulant to heated soy milk. This vegetable cheese obtained from soy, tofu , is rich in amino acids and can successfully replace meat and eggs in the daily menu. It does not have a strong taste, and can be used in many prescription .
- Tempeh & # 8211 It is obtained from soybeans, often mixed with heaveneale. It can be marinated, grilled or added to various recipes.
- Miso - It is a paste obtained from soybeans, cereals and salt. Miso it is a food rich in vital proteins and enzymes, it has a delicate flavor, and can be added to all dishes, but especially to soups.
- Vegetable mayonnaise & # 8211 It is generally obtained from soy milk with a little sunflower oil and lemon concentrate.
- Vegetable sausages & # 8211 Can be eaten as usual or grilled.
- Fish-flavored dishes & # 8211 Precum Salmon Bio made from soy, seaweed and tamarind, with known texture consistency and taste.
- Meat-flavored dishes - E.g Soy goulash , which can be consumed as such, just need to be heated or Vegan steak , which is grilled or fried in oil.
- Vegetable paste & # 8211 Simple or with different flavors (peppers, olives, mushrooms, spinach, etc.).
- Textured soy & # 8211 Can successfully replace meat in almost any recipe. It can be found in the form of cubes, slices or noodles. 100g of textured soy contains twice as much protein as meat and the same amount of lecithin in an egg.
- Soy sauce - From the fermentation of soybeans is obtained an ideal sauce for salads, rice dishes, but also for preparing marinades for meat dishes.
How to prepare soybeans - the classic option
Soy is a versatile vegetable that replaces meat and dairy during Lent, being rich in protein, healthy Omega-3 fats, minerals, vitamins and fiber. Soy can also be consumed in the form of grains, and real culinary delights can be prepared, with which we can treat ourselves during fasting periods or we can consume them if we are vegetarians and generally always feel the need for a tasty and healthy dish.
- The soybeans are cleaned of impurities, washed in several waters, then left to soak, in 4 parts of water, on one side of the soybean. After about 12 hours, they increase in volume. They are boiled in an amount of water double their volume and when the water boils, let it simmer for about 3 hours. In the meantime, some of the grain shells will rise to the surface and will be removed with a foamer. The beans are boiled when, if you squeeze them between your fingers, they break easily.
After boiling the chickpeas we can make classic dishes combined with vegetables, salads or we can chop them after boiling and make various pastas. . We can treat them like beans . It is important to boil them with a little salt to get a taste, after which we season them in food. The favorite ingredients of soy are curry, coriander, oregano, ginger, garlic, red pepper.
How to moisturize soy & # 8211 quick version
Soy is found in our stores in various forms: cubes, slices or granules, in most cases dry (dehydrated).
- Textured soybean bags (cubes or slices / schnitzels) - Contain processed and dehydrated soybean slices, enriched with vegetable fibers, which, after soaking in water with spices, look like pieces of meat. You can use them for schnitzels, stews, steaks, etc. It can replace meat in any recipe, except for meatballs, because soy does not contain collagen.
- Soybean bags - They also contain processed soy, but in the form of granules. It is good for preparing chops, fillings, but you can also get soy pate.
Dry soybean bags generally weigh 100 grams and, although it seems a small amount, it is actually enough to prepare 4 healthy servings.
Regardless of whether you buy it in the form of granules or cubes, soy must first be rehydrated, ie soaked, for at least two hours, in hot water in which you first dissolved a few teaspoons of spices (2 teaspoons of vegetable concentrate mixed with spices, to taste, to 200 gr of textured soy). In order for all the pieces to be covered by water, a plate smaller than the mouth of the vessel is placed on top of them.
After the soybean has swelled, squeeze as well as possible from this water (otherwise, it will get a bitter taste), bring to a boil in clean water, and squeeze again very well. After rehydration and squeezing, you can start cooking it as if you had raw meat. .
For a soy dish that will boil with vegetables anyway, leave the soybeans to boil for only 10 minutes in water, drain and then bring to a boil with the vegetables, to get the flavors from there. But be careful that there is enough water because in 20 minutes the soybean increases its volume almost 5 times and the food does not burn.
In order to get a pleasant taste, soy should be seasoned more than meat, and for steaks or meatballs, more garlic is used than usual.
Careful. Food with chilled soy is no longer as tasty, so it is preferable to spoil only the amount consumed at a single meal.
Out of Love for Life
Organic fruits and vegetables, organic products, vegetarian alternatives and carefully selected healthy organic products, made by responsible people. Information for a healthy lifestyle and lots of love!
Learn how to make a vegan lasagna from delicious vegetables and healthy seeds. It is ideal in summer, when the heat stops us from cooking in the oven.
Preheat oven to 170 degrees, medium heat. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and sauté the onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the spinach and cook for another 3 minutes.
Pour the mixture into a blender, add tofu, vegan cream cheese, basil and yeast, salt and pepper. Mix everything until you get a smooth mixture.
Mix the baked peppers in a blender and set aside. Heat the red sauce oil in a pan and add the onion, stirring until golden. Add basil and garlic and mayonnaise on the fire for a minute. Add the tomatoes and roasted pepper puree and season to taste with salt, pepper, etc. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
Spread a quarter of the red sauce on a deep tray. Top with a third of the vegan noodles, then with the previously prepared vegan cheese sauce and the rest of the ingredients. Repeat the process until you finish the lasagna layers. Sprinkle grated vegan mozzarella on top.
Bake the vegan lasagna covered with aluminum foil over medium heat for about 30 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes. Leave to cool for 10 minutes, then serve.
7 recipe ideas for a fasting lunch
Even if it is the period when many of us fast, we must not deprive ourselves of diversity and taste in the food we cook. Among these 7 recipe ideas you will find both soups and some of the most popular main courses, loved by everyone. So, you can prepare a healthy lunch for the whole family, regardless of whether the fast you are having has a religious or dietary origin.
Carrot cream soup
When we think of carrots, we think of side dishes, salads or side ingredients from other cooked foods - but this vegetable can also be the star ingredient of a delicious and nutritious main course. Served hot or cold, for a lunch, dinner or even a quick snack, the carrot cream soup is the perfect preparation for the moments when you want to eat something light, fresh and, most importantly, tasty and full of vitamins.
Red lentil soup with vegetables
This red lentil soup with vegetables is a main dish without meat, but it offers a rich intake of protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals. All wrapped in a soup with an intense color (due to lentils and turmeric), with 6 aromatic vegetables in the composition and that can convince even the most capricious members of your family to try it.
Broccoli cream soup
Although many overlook it, broccoli can be the basis of truly sensational recipes. For example - this creamy, fresh soup, which can be served both hot and cold: broccoli cream soup with cashew cream. The soup is perfect for those who are looking for a vegetable source of fiber, fat and protein, but especially for those who just want to quickly prepare something sensational to taste.
Soy schnitzel with garlic and rosemary
Schnitzel is one of the most popular dishes in our kitchens in the last century. Why not put together a soy schnitzel recipe, we thought? Together with a few garlic cloves - not too much, but enough to give that intense taste - we have here a fasting version of schnitzel, adapted to Romanian culinary preferences.
Risotto with inactive yeast and mushrooms
Maybe plain rice or pilaf is already part of your kitchen, but you also use risotto when someone comes to visit and you want to impress with this much more "fine" dish. And when you talk about Italian cuisine, you think of risotto with all kinds of delicacies - with truffles, saffron or artichokes. We offer you something much simpler, but also with a delicious taste brought by mushrooms and - our little trick - inactive yeast flakes.
There is always room for reinterpreting a work of art and for adapting it to our vision. And cooking is no exception. No, we do not give up lasagna in any case, but we show that we can have our favorite dishes in other forms, using only fasting ingredients.
Vegan bean burgers with black bun
If you have a special occasion to celebrate, have guests at home or just want to surprise your life partner, burgers are always a good idea! We are talking about home-made burgers, prepared with a lot of love, imagination and attention for all tastes and preferences. And even if they may not look like a magazine, that taste of "home-made" will surely impress even the most demanding guests.
When you have delicious recipes, fasting doesn't seem so long either and you realize that you can replace the normal burgers with vegans for the rest of the year and enjoy the taste. This period can be a step towards adopting new habits and small changes that can continue after fasting.
If you have not yet read our article on fasting breakfast ideas, we are waiting for you here.
Prepare the lasagna lightly
1. Lasagna with vegetables
If you do not have experience in the kitchen, but you want to prepare lasagna at home, it is good to start with this recipe. You can quickly learn how to prepare the ingredients and the time required for baking.
Vegetables, like the ones in the recipe below, are a little easier to prepare than meat, so they are a good option for those who are new to cooking.
After a little experience, you can incorporate red or white meat in the recipe, according to preferences.
- 2 small cups finely chopped mushrooms (175 g)
- a pinch of pepper and a few sprigs of oregano
- 1/2 cup low-fat cheese (95 g)
- 8 preferred lasagna sheets (250 g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (45 ml)
- 4 large cups of spinach (600 g)
- 1 tomato cut into strips (85 g)
- 3 cloves crushed garlic (15 g)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin (50 g)
Method of preparation
- Heat a pan with a little olive oil over low heat.
- Add the zucchini with a pinch of salt and a little pepper.
- Leave everything on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the onion and leave the mixture for another 5 minutes. Put the other ingredients in the pan, except for the mushrooms and garlic cloves.
- In a separate bowl, boil the spinach leaves in salted water for two minutes over high heat.
- Place the lasagna sheets in a tray, preferably glass.
- Get the vegetables off the heat.
- Tomato paste should not be mixed with vegetables or mozzarella cheese. Place the ingredients in layers, as follows: lasagna sheets, a layer of filling (vegetables, cheese, tomato paste), then bechamel sauce.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven at 180 ° Cfor 20-25 minutes.
- After cooling, serve with pleasure!
2. Traditional lasagna
Prepare the lasagna lightly with a traditional recipe for a delicious menu. In addition to good taste, you can start experimenting with various ingredients, nowadays there are a multitude of variations of lasagna recipes.
The filling is very important, whether you prefer beef or chicken. Pay special attention to the ingredients and quantities offered in the recipe.
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil (50 ml)
- 2 1/2 cups bechamel sauce (275 ml)
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese (400 g)
- 2 cups tomato juice (250 ml)
- a box of lasagna sheets (400 g)
- 1 cup tomato paste (115 ml)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (45 g)
- beef (500 g)
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 onion (50 g)
- Worchestershire sauce
Method of preparation
- Cook the minced beef in a pan over low heat with salt, pepper, a little Worchestershire sauce, onion, tomato paste and bell pepper for 20 minutes or until the meat is fried.
- While the filling is cooking, boil the lasagna sheets separately.
- When the filling is ready, place the ingredients in layers: lasagna sheets, filling, sauce.
- Intersperse the meat with layers of cheese and bechamel.
- Repeat until you finish the ingredients and cover the entire surface of the tray.
- Leave the preparation in the hot oven at 180 ° C for 25 minutes.
- After it has cooled, good appetite!
As you can see, it is not at all difficult to prepare a lasagna. You just have to be more discriminating with the help you render toward other people.
After gaining a little experience, you can replace the beef with fish (tuna) or you can use more special lasagna sheets, made of spinach, not flour. Prepare the lasagna lightly and you will add nutritional value to your meal, in addition to the special taste.
Method of preparation chicken legs with soy sauce
We debone and cut the thighs into thin strips. I also remove the skin because we don't like it but you can keep it if it's to your liking. dark), oil, honey, lemon juice and garlic given by the press or fine grater.
Stir to distribute the spices evenly, cover the bowl and leave it to cool for at least 2 hours. I leave it in the fridge overnight, the meat is tender and has a great taste.
If you want, you can add a little fresh ginger or powder or various aromatic herbs.
Before frying the meat, remove it from the cold so that it reaches room temperature.
Heat a non-stick pan and fry the meat strips for 10-12 minutes over medium heat until cooked through.
Serve the meat with your favorite garnish. I assure you that it is absolutely delicious and worth a try. Enjoy!
If you find yourself in the taste of the recipes on this blog, I am waiting for you every day on facebook page. You will find there many recipes posted, new ideas and discussions with those interested.
* You can also sign up for Recipes group of all kinds. There you will be able to upload your photos with tried and tested dishes from this blog. We will be able to discuss menus, food recipes and much more. However, I urge you to follow the group's rules!
You can also follow us on Instagram and Pinterest, with the same name "Recipes of all kinds".
3 Recipes chosen with soy protein
Soy protein powder is obtained by separating soy protein. This gives a powder with about 95% protein and a small amount of carbohydrates and fat.
The best known use of soy protein is for drinks and smoothies, often combined with ice, fruit and yogurt. But it can be used easily and in other recipes:
- Soy protein powder can replace flour when cooking. It is a good base for recipes for pancakes, muffins, breadcrumbs, cookies, pie crusts, dumplings and more. It should be noted that the result will be a lighter color than we are used to for such preparations. Also, soy protein should not be used in yeast-requiring recipes.
- It is ideal for granola bars. Combine soybean powder with an equal amount of wheat germ, oat bran or wholemeal flour. Add the dried and crushed fruit and combine the mixture with tofu, walnut butter (optional), brown sugar and apple juice. Mix until homogeneous and sweeten to taste. The dough is spread out in a large tray and baked until it turns golden. When it has cooled, cut the bars.
- Combine 2 cups of soy protein powder with & frac12 cup of plain or vegan butter, 115 g of tofu and 2 tablespoons of walnuts to create a sweet and rich snack & icircn protein.
- Moreover, it can be used in cream soups to thicken them.
& Icircn below you will find 3 recipes & icircn that you can integrate soy protein powder:
Banana mini muffins
& frac14 cup of sugar-free apple juice
half a cup of spelled flour
half a teaspoon of baking soda
half a teaspoon of salt
half a teaspoon of vanilla extract
half a cup of chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons chia seeds
2 eggs (for vegans, one egg can be replaced with a tablespoon of chopped chia seeds and soaked in a cup of water for 10 minutes)
& frac12 teaspoon baking powder
& frac34 cup with ground flax seeds
1 cup shredded fruit (dates, plums or figs)
& frac14 cup of sunflower seeds
Method of preparation:
Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Grease 2 muffin trays with oil (or you can use a large single tray and silicone molds).
In an bowl, chop the bananas with a fork. In a separate bowl, mix the spelled flour, baking powder, baking soda, soy protein, salt, ground flax seeds, vanilla extract. Gradually mix the flour mixture with the bananas. Then add the chopped fruits and nuts, as well as the sunflower seeds.
Using a spoon, form portions that you put on special muffin trays. Sprinkle your favorite seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, chia) and oatmeal on top.
Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test (insert a toothpick through the center of the muffin, if it comes out clean, without dough, then the muffin is ready).
Chocolate, ginger and beet cake
2-2.5 cm of finely chopped ginger root
100 g of sugar-free apple juice
1 tablespoon coconut oil or rapeseed oil
2 tablespoons soy protein powder
80 g of wholemeal flour or buckwheat
1 teaspoon baking powder
candied ginger cut & icircn pieces
200 g of boiled beets (not pickled)
3 large eggs or chia substitute (one egg can be replaced with a tablespoon of chopped chia seeds / flax and soaked in a cup of water for 10 minutes)
2 tablespoons of milk of your choice (can be plain cow's milk or almond or coconut milk)
Method of preparation:
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius and prepare a tray of about 19x27 cm with a baking sheet greased with a little coconut oil.
& Icircnto a bowl add all the dry ingredients: ground almonds, flour, ground flax seeds, protein powder and cocoa. Add the candied and fresh ginger.
& Icircntr a mixer add the cooked beets, apple juice, oil, eggs, salt, goji berries and milk and mix until you get a homogeneous dough. Pour the dough over the dry mixture and mix well.
Pour the whole composition into the lined tray and bake for 30 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
Allow the cake to cool before cutting.
Protein muffins with seeds and blueberries
60 g of soy protein
2 teaspoons of sunflower seeds
340 ml of lactose-free milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Method of preparation:
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and prepare a muffin tray (or you can use a simple tray and silicone molds).
In a large bowl, mix the flour, spelled flour, soy protein, poppy seeds, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, flax, pumpkin seeds, baking powder and cinnamon.
In a separate bowl add the vanilla extract, apple juice and milk, mix and pour the mixture over the dry ingredients. After mixing all the ingredients, add the blueberries and mix gently.
Share the composition of the muffin tins and decorate with the remaining blueberries and other seeds.
Bake for 25 minutes or until the toothpick test passes.
3 recipes with SOYA, ideal for Christmas fasting
With Christmas fasting, you have the opportunity to try the vegan diet which, although viewed with distrust by heavy meat consumers, is actually very nutritious and healthy.
Moreover, when you have the following soybean nets at hand, not only do you not have to worry about not eating delicious fasting dishes, but you can also be sure that you are eating properly, with foods that really have nutritional properties. .
Here are 3 recipes with soy, which will surely convince you that a food prepared only from vegetables can be a delight for the taste buds:
Pancakes with soy and oats
& # 8211 200 gr of oatmeal
& # 8211 150 gr of soy flour
& # 8211 putina boia
& # 8211 1 teaspoon coriander
& # 8211 1 teaspoon garlic paste.
Method of preparation:
1. Let the oatmeal soak in water until it acquires a soft consistency.
2. Mix the flakes with the other ingredients and season to taste.
3. The resulting dough should have a consistency that allows you to pour it, so add more water if needed.
4. Heat a little oil in a non-stick pan and pour the dough with a polish, so that it forms a pancake with a diameter of 10 cm and a thickness of 0.5 cm. Fry the pancake on both sides, until it acquires a brown, appetizing color.
Pancakes with soy and oats are served with chutney sauce or chilli sauce.
& # 8211 100 gr of soybeans
& # 8211 1 onion
& # 8211 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
& # 8211 paprika to taste
& # 8211 salt to taste
& # 8211 1/2 teaspoon of Indian spices garam masala mixture
& # 8211 1 teaspoon coriander leaves
& # 8211 200 gr of white grade flour
& # 8211 4 teaspoons gray
& # 8211 2 teaspoons ghee butter
& # 8211 oil.
Method of preparation:
1. Mix flour, semolina and ghee butter, add enough water to form a dough, cover with a damp cloth and set aside.
2. Leave the soybeans in warm water for 15 minutes, then squeeze them using your hands to remove excess liquid.
3. Cut the onion and coriander very finely. Heat two tablespoons of oil in a pan, then add the onion and garlic paste. Cook the mixture until the onion turns slightly golden, then add the soybeans.
4. Add the paprika, salt, garam masala mix and leave everything on the fire, until the soybeans are completely cooked and have a consistency of minced fried meat. Add the chopped coriander leaves and leave everything on the fire for a few more minutes, until the mixture leaves the juice and the flavors intertwine.
5. Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and spread it to form small glues with a diameter of 8 cm.
6. Add the soy mixture to each glue and lift the edges of the glue, forming sachets.
7. Fry the sachets in an oil bath until golden and serve with chutney.
Zucchini zucchini stuffed with soy
& # 8211 1 zucchini zucchini fiert
& # 8211 100 gr of soybeans
& # 8211 1 teaspoon coriander powder
& # 8211 1 teaspoon of cumin
& # 8211 1 tablespoon oil
& # 8211 fresh parsley
& # 8211 salt to taste
& # 8211 1 teaspoon lime juice
& # 8211 1 teaspoon soy mayonnaise.
Method of preparation:
1. Leave the soybeans in hot water for 30 minutes, then rinse them in three waters, squeezing them at the end with your hands.
2. Cut the zucchini in half vertically and remove part of the core, to have a place to add the soy filling.
3. Add the soybeans in a pan with hot oil, along with the spices, and mix everything well until the composition is cooked.
4. At the end, add the lime juice, mayonnaise and parsley leaves and mix well. Take the composition and divide it in two, fill the zucchini with it and put everything in the oven for browning, but not more than 5 minutes.
Classic Italian lasagna & # 8211 with homemade sheets
I'm crazy about classic italian lasagna, seems to me one of the tastiest and most ingenious recipes ever invented. As my family likes it, I repeat it quite often and even if there is another lasagna recipe on this culinary blog, I thought I would share with you this experience, the result of which is a healthy lasagna tray with homemade sheets, meaning a homemade 100%. In the other lasagna recipe I wrote something about its Italian origin, now I will only write that it was exceptionally good, a real treat.